Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I hate sneakers

When you're five feet two, and not a size six, there is no way you look good in sneakers. They are fat and chunky, they make my legs look bad. They are just plain ugly. But my doctor told me I have to walk. I tried it in my flip-flops. I didn't get very far.

I saw an ad on the internet. You can order plain old regular Keds and design them yourself. You can download your own designs and they will put them on the shoes. So I thought, why not go for fun and off-beat. I got out some old school photos and sent them on. Voila! They are a bit strange, but I think they're pretty nice.

I put the 8Th grade graduation in front. There is John Rogers, adored by all the girls. The summer following 8Th grade he asked me out. I was cute then. (See picture above.)

So now I walk in my Keds and when I get bored I look at my feet and John and I remember when. I wonder where you are John and what you would think if you knew your picture is on my keds.

Probably that I'm nuts.

No comments: